Why Am I Experiencing Frequent Drainage Issues?
It can be an incredibly helpless feeling when the water refuses to drain out of the kitchen sink. The water will back up seemingly without reason, leaving you with a sink full of dirty water and a countertop packed with dirty dishes. The water will drain slowly, or it will gurgle while the sink empties. Typically, drainage issues are caused by a clog in the pipes or a buildup of old food scraps in a kitchen sink. Soap scum, hair and grime are usually the culprits in the bathroom. Either way, homeowners are left with no other choice but to remove the clog to keep the problem from persisting.
Fortunately, most drainage issues can be fixed using at-home methods in less than an hour. If none of these DIY methods does the trick, then it’s time to call a professional for drain cleaning in Las Vegas, NV:
- Check the sink stopper: This is one of the top causes of a clogged sink. Over time, foreign objects will begin to build up on the sink stopper. Just lift up the sink stopper to check for any hair or grime stuck to the device. Clear away any accumulation on the component before running the water again.
- Plunge the sink: Break out the sink plunger for this approach. Run the water until the sink is about two or three inches full. Put the suction plunger over the drain hole and start plunging! This method can relieve the clog and the water should start draining at a normal rate.
- Use a drain snake: A drain snake will force the clog down the drain. Extend the auger of the snake until you can find whether anything is obstructing the pipe. If you feel pressure, use the snake to gently push the clog out of the way.
- Natural drain cleaner: Try a natural method by pouring a half-cup of baking soda down the drain before letting it sit for about five minutes. Then, pour boiling water down the drain and let the solution sit for at least 10 minutes again before using the sink again. The natural concoction should have loosened any buildup for a clean bathroom sink.
- Chemical cleaners: Drain cleaners are one of the most powerful lines of attack against a clogged sink. There are countless different drain cleaners available at your local supermarket. Most popular brand names will work as long as the instructions are followed.
- Call for a plumber: If none of these solutions seems to alleviate the pooling water, then it’s time to call a plumber for help. A professional plumber will be able to diagnose the cause of the clog before taking the necessary steps to alleviate the problem.
The professionals at Orchard Plumbing are the experts when it comes to restoring clogged drains. We’ve seen drainage issues of all types, from calcification buildups deep within the pipes to years of accumulated hair and soap scum. Whatever the cause, we’re here to help remedy any drainage problems. Call us today for professional drain cleaning in Las Vegas, NV!