Water Conservation Tips from a Plumber in Las Vegas, NV
People are talking about water conservation more than ever, and this is a great time to take stock of the water use in your own home. Not only does water conservation help preserve a valuable resource on our planet, it also helps you save money on your monthly utility bills. Regardless of what your motives may be, there are several things that you can do if you want to cut back on your water usage this year. Consider a few of these methods that you can use to start curbing your water waste and saving money on utilities:
- Upgrade to energy efficient appliances: One of the most effective ways that you can reduce water waste in your home is by upgrading to energy efficient appliances. Energy efficient dishwashers, washing machines and hot water heaters can reduce water waste significantly and maximize the use of smaller volumes of water. In addition, many of these energy efficient appliances can actually boost the value of your home.
- Fix plumbing leaks: Minor leaks in faucets or toilets might not seem like a very big deal, but these small inefficiencies can add up to significant water waste over time. You should have leaks fixed as soon as possible by a plumber in Las Vegas, NV so that you can minimize water waste and keep your plumbing system operating as efficiently as possible.
- Reduce shower time: Showers can eat up a significant amount of water in a household, so reducing the amount of time that you spend in the shower can make a big difference when it comes to your water conservation. Even shaving a couple of minutes off of your shower every day can make a big difference. Try gradually cutting down your shower time to get down to about five minutes per shower.
- Minimize use of faucets: When you’re washing your dishes or brushing your teeth, try to keep your faucet turned off whenever possible. Turning off the water after you wet your brush to brush your teeth can save thousands of gallons of water a year. Reducing the amount of time that your faucet is running when you wash your dishes can also significantly help cut down on water use.
- Upgrade fixtures: There is a wide variety of energy efficient fixtures on the market that can help you scale back your water use. Investing in new efficient fixtures is a relatively inexpensive way for you to conserve water in your home. Each one of these efficient fixtures can cut down on your water use by hundreds of gallons each year.
Contact a plumber in Las Vegas, NV
Find out more about how to reduce your water use by reaching out to Orchard Plumbing. Since 1999, we have been proud to provide high quality plumbing services to commercial and residential clients alike. Whether you’re concerned about a small plumbing leak in your home or you need extensive plumbing repair work, our experienced team is here to help. Get started with a consultation or service quote by giving our team a call today.