When your plumbing springs a leak, you might be tempted to try to fix it yourself. After all, there are plenty of YouTube videos and plumbing tutorials on the internet. With some basic tools, a few videos and a can-do spirit, you should be able to take care of the problem all by yourself, right?
Unfortunately, even the handiest homeowner can be stumped by plumbing problems. Sure, you can unclog a drain and stop your toilet from constantly running, but for more complex issues, you’ll want to call a residential plumbing contractor in Las Vegas, NV. You’ll end up saving a lot of time, money and frustration—and many times, you’ll end up needing to hire a professional anyway to fix DIY mistakes. Here’s why hiring a professional plumber is your best choice:
- Avoid water damage: Home repairs gone awry come with the very real possibility of water damage—if plumbing repairs aren’t handled correctly, you might worsen the situation. For example, you might know to shut off the main water lines and supply lines before your repair, but did you know you should also replace the supply lines at the same time? Reusing supply lines can cause the threads to weaken and break, necessitating a visit from a plumber.
- Stay safe: Plumbing is a far more hazardous occupation than most people realize. It can involve digging, soldering, replacing water and gas lines and other dangerous activities. If your project requires any kind of excavation, you risk hitting water, gas and sewer lines. It likely will also require a permit from the city. Your safest course of action is to leave this to professionals, lest you injure yourself, your family or your home.
- Avoid plumbing issues in the future: You might be able to successfully repair one issue, but do you know how to spot problems that may occur in the future? Most laypeople do not have the knowledge or training to spot future issues, and even if you do spot one, you will then have to learn how to fix it. Ultimately, it’s better to leave it to the pros.
- Better equipment available: Professionals have easier access to far better tools and components, ensuring that your repairs last as long as possible. This also saves you the time and effort in determining what components you need and locating them in a plumbing supply store.
- Longer warranties: Professional plumbers are not only trained in all aspects of plumbing systems, but they are licensed, bonded and insured—all things that you need when you’re hiring a residential plumbing contractor in Las Vegas, NV. In turn, this allows them to offer extended warranties for their work. If there’s a problem later, you’ll be able to get the work redone or the damage repaired at no additional cost to you.
Need to hire a plumber to fix your Las Vegas-area home? Call Orchard Plumbing today, and enjoy saving your precious time and money when you hire a pro. We look forward to assisting you soon.