Warning Signs That Your Pipes Need Hydro Jetting Service
Preventative plumbing maintenance has come a long way over the past few decades. One of the newer innovations is called hydro jetting, which is the process of cleaning out pipes and removing blockages using a powerful stream of water.
Reliable plumbing companies in Las Vegas, NV can perform hydro jetting at any time, but the following signs indicate that you’re well overdue for hydro jetting service:
- Slowly draining pipes: A pipe that’s slow to drain could indicate a localized issue, or it could be the result of a larger problem within your plumbing system. If the pipe gets progressively slower over time, we recommend scheduling hydro jetting to clear out any blockages.
- Noisy pipes: Screeching, hissing, gurgling or ticking noises should not be coming from your drain. If you do hear any unusual noises, there’s a chance that the vent stack—the pipe extending from the roof to the sewer system—is clogged. Hydro jetting is the quickest and easiest way to clear that clog and stop those noises!
- Awful drain odors: A nasty smell coming from your drain puts a damper on your day and often indicates an issue with your plumbing system. If the smell persists after the water has been running for a few minutes, there’s most likely a clog that needs to be cleared out using a hydro jet.
- Older home: Due to aging and deteriorating pipes, older homes often have plumbing problems more frequently than new houses. If your house is on the older side, we advise scheduling annual hydro jetting as a preventative measure against clogs and other issues that are expensive to repair.
Drain cleaner can’t solve your problems
Whether it’s because they don’t want to wait for a plumber or they don’t want to pay for hydro jetting service, homeowners often take matters into their own hands by pouring harsh drain cleaner down the sink. Don’t do that! These are the reasons to call reliable plumbing companies in Las Vegas, NV instead of using toxic chemicals:
- Temporary fix: It’s important to note that drain cleaner is only a temporary fix at best. Assuming the product works as advertised, the chemicals will only clear out localized blockages. They can’t do anything about deeper problems—only hydro jetting service can do that.
- Damaged pipes: Sure, drain cleaners may help clear up a clog for the time being. However, those chemicals wreak havoc on pipes. They eat away at the material, which eventually can lead to leaks or more significant plumbing problems.
- Environmental hazard: Finally, drain cleaners are horrible for the environment. Unlike hydro jetting, which uses a safe stream of water to clear blockages, drain cleaners utilize toxic chemicals that can poison fish and wildlife.
Call Orchard Plumbing at the first sign of trouble
You can’t use a drain cleaner to fix your plumbing issues, but you also don’t want to call the wrong plumber. When you need hydro jetting service, be sure to hire Orchard Plumbing. Contact us today to find out why we’re one of the most reliable plumbing companies in Las Vegas, NV!